Syngenta Nigeria – As global demand for food and fuel continues to rise, we are dedicated to our purpose: Bringing plant potential to life. Syngenta is one of the world’s leading companies with more than 28,000 employees in over 90 countries. We work in a collaborative an inspiring culture where personal contribution is rewarded and growth and development are at the heart of our culture.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Nigeria
- Job Field Sales / Marketing / Business Development
Job ID: 1700985
Locations: South East, Nigeria
- Achieve the revenue and volume targets for the assigned region.
- Execute the Go To Market strategy within the assigned region
- Ensure superior execution of Syngenta Marketing and Sales Strategy in the assigned region through distribution partners, retailers and sales executives.
- Build sustainable relationship and networks to drive Syngenta products to the end user.
- Promote Syngenta solutions with channel partners, key producers and influencers within the assigned Territory
- Regularly collect and report market intelligence and relevant value chain insights.
- Achieve the revenue and volume objectives for the assigned.
- Ensure the implementation of ‘in-store’ sales fundamentals in the assigned region, including distribution, coverage, visibility and retail pricing objectives.
- Develop and implement a trade coverage plan for the assigned region
- Develop and implement a regional operational plan with trade programs customized for the realities of the assigned region
- Coordinate and oversee distributor operations with an emphasis on achieving optimal inventory management.
- Submit of sales reports to the commercial operations lead in a timely manner
- Promote and defend the image of Syngenta and represent Syngenta in a professional, competent and ethical manner
- Manage the regional sales team by providing leadership that ensures proactive communication, fosters transparency and team work, setting of individual sales targets/KPIs, monitoring of the results, providing feedback and guidance
- Provide market intelligence input (trends, competitors analysis, constraints, value chain evolution)
- Ensure that all relevant Syngenta processes and policies are well understood and implemented by the sales team and, where necessary, by customers.
- Manage key accounts in the assigned region.
Critical Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge:
- Minimum B.Sc or B.A Degree (ideally in Agriculture)
- Knowledge of the agricultural sales environment desirable, including customer set up, distribution networks etc.
- Proven track record in sales with over 5 years of sales specific experience
- Proven ability to understand customer needs, structure and business drivers
- Effective communication and presentation
- Negotiation and influencing
- Language skills – must be proficient and fluent in oral and written English. Knowledge of Igbo is a bonus.
- Good understanding of the local sales environment.
- Computer skills; competency in Microsoft Office
Critical leadership capabilities
- Sets ambitious strategic goals
- Communicates with impact
- Leads change
- Builds a culture of innovation
- Focuses on customers
- Manages for performance
- Develops people, organization and self
- Collaborates across boundaries
- Strong team player
Critical Technical and Professional Capabilities:
- Delivers distinctive value proposition to customer
- Understands customer needs
- Has deep knowledge of customer management
- Analytical thinking
- Influencing and negotiation
Interested and qualified? Go to Syngenta AG career website on syngentacrop.taleo.net to apply